Drama & The Performing Arts : Taking part and working together
At St Francis we recognise the importance of Drama and the Performing Arts in our children’s development.
Children from Junior Prep onwards have a weekly Drama lesson which enables them to have a great deal of fun whilst developing their imaginative and presentational skills. Learning how to work together and building up individual self confidence and ability are of equal importance. Every child is able to take part in at least one exciting performance for parents and friends during the school year and there are other opportunities for acting and reading skills to be displayed at local festivals or within the school community.
Visiting companies enable our children to experience high quality drama on-site, making full use of The Hemery Hall’s fine theatrical facilities. Trips are arranged to local theatres; ballet lessons are also offered at school.
• Cinderella and the Seven Dwarves (Years 3 & 4)
• The Grimm Tales (Years 5 & 6)
• Bugsy Malone (Years 7 & 8)
• Christmas Shorts: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Snowman and A Christmas Carol (Years 3 & 4)
• Mini-Melodramas (Years 5 & 6)
• Little Shop of Horrors (Years 7 & 8)
• Panto from the Past (Full School and Staff)
• The Sound of Music (Years 5-8)
• Roald Dahl Shorts (Years 3 & 4)
• Wind in the Willows (Years 5 & 6)
• Annie (Years 7 & 8)
• The Three Trees (Years 3 & 4)
• Aladdin Trouble (Years 5 & 6)
• High School Musical (Years 7 & 8)
Tuition for LAMDA examinations (The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts) is offered as an extra activity with a termly charge for all children in Years 4-8. Lessons are weekly and generally children work in pairs preparing duologues.