ISI Inspection Report – November 2013
I am delighted to present the school’s most recent Inspection Report which details the findings of the Independent Schools Inspectorate (the body approved by the Secretary of State for the purpose of inspecting independent schools) following their visit to the school in October 2013.
As you will read, there is plenty for us to celebrate after receiving a report full of ‘excellent’ grades. An outstanding eight out of the nine areas under assessment were considered ‘excellent’ by the inspection team. The ninth area was considered ‘good’ with one aspect of this area being graded ‘outstanding’.
This report marks a significant improvement on the previous report in November 2010, as recorded in paragraph 5.8 of the 2013 report: ‘The school has improved in many aspects of its work since the previous inspection, and much has been achieved in a short period of time’.
The report speaks for itself:
- ‘The quality of pupils’ achievements and learning is excellent.’
- ‘The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision is excellent.’
- ‘The quality of teaching is excellent. The high quality of teaching enables pupils to progress well and achieve excellent standards.’
- ‘The quality of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils is excellent.’
- ‘Staff provide highly effective support and guidance for pupils in accordance with the school’s aims, contributing to excellent personal development.’
- ‘The contribution of the arrangements for welfare, health and safety is excellent.’
- ‘The quality of governance is excellent.’
- ‘Leaders at all levels give excellent direction to the school, enabling it to meet its aims very successfully.’
- ‘Links with parents, carers and guardians are excellent. Communication with parents is very strong and they are welcomed to a wide variety of school events.’ And finally, regarding the Early Years Foundation Stage (Nursery and Reception):
- ‘Just as the main school has improved since the previous inspection, so has the EYFS. Its overall quality and standards are now good, and it makes an excellent contribution to children’s well-being.’
All quotations © ISI 2013.
As you can imagine, we are all delighted with the feedback we have received in this stunning report. The extremely positive comments made by the inspection team affirm the high standards that we strive to achieve and the outstanding breadth of opportunity and excellence at St Francis.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is any aspect of this report which you would like to discuss.